Today Hamish & his band of Massive men delivered a good bit of information regarding the v1.2 update, Conflict. Which is set to release next Tuesday morning, May 24th. I have collected all of the highlights for you to get you ready for next week.
- Many tweaks with a theme of generosity
- The goal is still to have loot be best source to gear your character, not crafting
- 204s and 240s going to start dropping far more often
- No weapon balancing is coming with this release
- Sentry’s shifting to become more dps / support role
- Armor cap being increased to 75%
Search & Destroy
- 1 x Intel Token per encounter
- Complete 3 of them - get +2 more tokens
- explore & collect mats
- 204 & 240s can be rewarded for most difficult encounters
- You can only have one Search & Destroy encounter active at a time
- You unlock a mission by paying for them with intel tokens
- Level 32 elites for most challenging
- Only available in the zones in which all encounters & side missions have been completed
- New Dark Zone bracket. Making 3 total brackets divided by gear score, 160 and less, 161 to 199, and 200 or more.
- All division tech in the 200 or more DZ bracket will be High-End
- All 8 gear sets will be available as drops in the DZ
- Northern DZs will have guaranteed 204 supply drops (200+)
- Stash in all checkpoints, not in safe rooms
- Sealed caches can be found, they have to be extracted
- High end - contain HE item, 3078 - 3762 DZ fund & 2-8 HE DT
- Gear Set Caches as well
Extractions can now be hi-jacked, meaning that you will need to wait till your extraction pilot gives you the all clear before leaving the extraction area.
- Go rogue immediately for 20 seconds as soon as you start, rogue 1 after successful hijack
- Progress meter is stalled if getting hit
- Loot scatters after successful hijack
New Gear Sets
There are four new gear sets coming.
Defensive set, good against the heavy hitters in the DZ and incursions. Diffuse mortars, grenades and other explosives allow you to gain the talent buff.
- Set Bonus (2): +50% Exotic Damage Resilience
- Set Bonus (3): +15% Protection from Elites
- Set Bonus (4): Talent: Final Measure - When damaging a hostile with a grenade, gain the defuse buff. When in range of a hostile grenade (or mortar), the buff is consumed and defuses the grenade as well as gives you a grenade.
- Set Bonus (2): +20% Marksman Rifle Critical Hit Damage
- Set Bonus (3): +20% Damage to Elites
- Set Bonus (4): Talent: Hunter’s Faith - Hitting an enemy with a bullet grants you temporary armor. The further your shot, the more armor. The armor disappears after one bullet hits you.
- Set Bonus (2): +100% Ammo Capacity
- Set Bonus (3): +1000 LMG Damage & +1000 Shotgun Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Talent: Lone Star - When the weapon is holsterred, it regains full ammo.
- Set Bonus (2): +20.0% Optimal Range
- Set Bonus (3): +800 Assault Rifle Damage and +700 Pistol Damage
- Set Bonus (4): Hit 10 shots without switching target to make the target bleed for 100% of damage already done by those bullets.
There are four new exotic / named weapons coming to the game.